Tony Obregon is a communicator, content curator, and data analyst. For over 20 years, he’s been helping Fortune 500 companies and innovative startups analyze business information, leverage social media, and uncover marketing opportunities.
In his current role as global social media manger for Avanade, he partners with marketing, PR, recruiting, and web teams to develop online strategies that align social media efforts with regional marketing initiatives.
A seasoned analyst with several years of experience in competitive intelligence, market research, and media analysis, his breadth of industry knowledge spans B2B services, consumer products, hardware/software applications and sustainability issues. Over the last decade, he has delivered marketing strategy and support to top brands including HP, Landor, McKesson, Panasonic, SanDisk, Seagate, Toms of Maine and Young & Rubicam.
Before moving into communications, Tony started his career as a researcher at KPMG Peat Marwick where he managed library resources at six satellite offices. He later moved on to accounting powerhouse, Deloitte & Touche LLP where he analyzed stock market valuations and conducted corporate research on high-growth technology companies for the firm’s annual Technology Fast 500 Program.
Below is a collection of industry news articles that Tony has been quoted in:
- PR News: Beefed Up Tools Alter Online Video Measurement Goals, April 25, 2011
- PR News: PR Pros Explore Effective Video Tactics and Tools, August 9, 2010
- ClickZ: SanDisk Pre-Empts Cyber Monday with Social Campaign, Nov 26, 2008
- PR Week: Social Networks Can Boost Pitch Potential, July 14, 2008
- PR Week: Facebook Helps Firms Strengthen Staff Bonds, November 21, 2007
- PR Week: Texting Helps PR Pros Maintain a Message’s Impact, April 30, 2007
- PR Week: Word is Spreading About Viral Video’s Brand Benefits, February 25, 2007
- Ragan’s Media Relations Report: Talk Back to Bloggers, November 2006 (No URL)
- PR Week: Staying on Top of Online Influence, September 5, 2006
- ZDNet: Wiki While You Work, August 2005 (video interview)
- CNET: Getting Wiki with the Team, August 2005